Introduction to MedlinePlus In-Person
Do you provide health education materials to patients? Do you need easy to read material to provide your patients? Would you like to know about a resource that provides vetted health education resources in both English & Spanish? This workshop provides a tour of the MedlinePlus website and explains why it is a trusted resource to use to find consumer health information and to refer to your patients.
After taking this workshop, you should be able to:
- Explain why MedlinePlus is an authoritative source of health information for consumers and patients
- Identify basic navigation features of MedlinePlus
- Identify how to find specific health topic information or tools in MedlinePlus
- Identify how to find specific drugs, herbs and supplements information in MedlinePlus
- Identify the sources for drug and herbs and supplements safety information in MedlinePlus
Please bring a laptop to the workshop.
- Thursday, March 21, 2024
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- Lister Hill Library Fletcher Room, 251A
- UAB Libraries:
- Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences