Introduction to PubMed Online
PubMed is the free online interface of Medline, the database of biomedical journal citations and abstracts created by the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM). This workshop is designed to review the content of this database, give you an overview of its interface and show you how to search it effectively to find citations relevant to your research goals for success on your next research paper. This workshop will also include an introduction to My NCBI, NCBI's tool for researchers, and instruction on how to use My NCBI to organize your findings from PubMed.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Search PubMed to find citations on biomedical topics
- Use basic & advanced search features to find articles
- Find PubMed abstracts with links to full text articles
- Create an NCBI account
- Save queries and set up weekly or monthly emailed search results
- Organize results in custom collections
- Export citations from PubMed for use by citation managers, such as Endnote or Zotero.
- Wednesday, February 14, 2024
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- UAB Libraries:
- Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.