UAB Libraries SLA 3D Printer Training In-Person
All members of the UAB community interested in using the UAB Libraries' SLA (resin-based) 3D printers must complete SLA printer training before using the Formlabs 3D printers located in Lister Hill Library. This is an advanced training session for individuals who have experience using a 3D printer. This session is not recommended for individuals who are new to 3D printing. Attendees are welcome to bring their own laptops for use during this session and are encouraged to download and install Formlabs Preform software before the training begins. Access to the free Preform software is required to use the Formlabs SLA printers in Lister Hill Library. This session includes both classroom training and a tour of Lister Hill Library 3D Printing.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Review of the UAB Libraries 3D Printing Guidelines
- Safety requirements for Formlabs 3D printers, including appropriate use of required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Introduction to the Formlabs SLA printers, including materials
- Setting up print jobs in Preform software and print management process.
- Equipment for post-processing and space cleaning
All members of the UAB community interested in using the UAB Libraries' 3D printers are required to complete introductory 3D printer training before using any 3D printing equipment. Users attending SLA 3D Printer Training should have already reviewed and certified the UAB Libraries 3D Printing Guidelines electronically via Adobe Sign.
Related LibGuide: UAB Libraries 3D Printing by Greg Carr