UAB Libraries Introductory 3D Printer Training In-Person
All members of the UAB community interested in using the UAB Libraries' 3D printers are required to complete introductory 3D printer training before using any 3D printing equipment.
This session is recommended for beginners and individuals who have never used a 3D printer before. No previous experience with 3D printing is required and no additional software is needed to begin 3D printing during this workshop. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own laptops or mobile devices to participate in this workshop. This session includes both classroom training and a tour of Lister Hill Library 3D Printing.
This session will cover the following:
- Safety requirements for 3D printing spaces in the UAB Libraries
- UAB Libraries 3D Printing Guidelines
- Desktop 3D printing terminology and concepts
- Available 3D printer hardware in the UAB Libraries
- Access to the browser-based system 3DPrinterOS
- The process for setting up and submitting models for printing in 3DPrinterOS
All participants will be asked to review, certificy, and submit the UAB Libraries 3D Printing Guidelines electronically via Adobe Sign. Failure to certify the guidelines through Adobe Sign will result in a user's 3D printer access being revoked.
Related LibGuide: UAB Libraries 3D Printing by Greg Carr